About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Day off and Rowan #39


Today there are no classes at WSU, so we have a mini vacation day. To celebrate, I used my new batter bowl that my sister got me for Christmas and made pancakes for breakfast. Yesterday the spring/summer issue of Rowan came out. It has knitting patterns and some articles about yarns and designs. I wasn't overly inspired by this issue, but there were a few that I may end up making some day. If you really like a particular one and think I should make it, let me know. Because once I've finished Juan's sweater, it's new project time!
Victoria gets her influence from late 19th century fashion, but she's got a rating of three skeins- the hardest pattern to knit.
Crinkle is fun because, as you can see, it takes on different shapes according to how you tie the ribbon.
Rambling Rose is so pretty and feminine, though I would want to make the sleeves 3/4-length if I were to make it.
Antoinette is fairly basic, but would be very practical as I need more cardigans that go with lots of things. I really like her wide collar.
Glad seems to me to be a great traveling shawl/sweater. And you can wear it many ways- these here, but also as a ballet-style wrap top, too.

So, there you have them, the five patterns I really like from Rowan #39. As I said, please let me know what you think and if there's one (or two) in particular that you think I should knit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that my sweater was going to be your next project!

Mama

Anonymous said...

Vanessa:

I had no idea you were so talented in the cooking & knitting department. I think Juan's sweater is absolutely beautiful! Your selection of dishes for your brunch was fabulous. I'm more of a "30-minute meals with Rachel Rey" kind of gal, but I so do appreciate an excellent cook. Two thumbs up! :)

Your cousin Jen :)

Anonymous said...

I think you should make the rambling rose cardigan. I agree with the 3/4 length sleeve, and maybe do it in a nice green.

Meridith

Vanessa said...

Mum-yours will be my next project- this is for my next project for me!

Thanks for the compliment, Jen! I love Rachel Ray, too. In fact, my next cookbook will be her new one: 365 No Repeats.

Thanks for the suggestion, Meridith. I bought an Eileen Fischer cardigan in Chicago like the travel wrap, so no need to make that one! Now, how did I know you would pick green ;)