About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Friday, June 11, 2010

The Long Haul is Over

Well, it's finally done. I successfully defended my dissertation on May 18th. I won't get my diploma until January and can't walk until next May, but the important thing is that all the writing is done and all the paperwork turned in. I can officially sign my name with Ph.D. on the end of it, if I want to.

So, we're home for the summer and I think I will have time to resurrect this blog. There's lots to catch up on. Our trip to Maine and Spain over the winter break, another trip to Maine last month, E's one-year birthday, our trip to Lawrence, KS...

Stay tuned! There's lots to see coming up!

My parents came down to Boston for the day to attend my defense. Meridith watched ElĂ­as during the process.Then we met up with Julian and Kira to celebrate with pizza and margaritas.I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers and some sparkling cider by the river.

2 comments:

Gaby said...

Congratulations, Vanessa!!!!

And ypur baby is growing so beautiful!! :)

best wishes and greetings from Buenos Aires!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Glad to have you back in blog land! :)