About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Busy Weekend

Julian arrived on Friday morning, so we have been busy all weekend with non-stop activities. I'm kind of looking forward to work tomorrow to get back to a somewhat normal routine! I was able to write that morning while Juan went to pick him up and bring him back from the cities, and I escaped today for a couple of hours with the result that I have about 5 pages left to revise on my second chapter. I had hoped to finish it completely this weekend, but I am very close and hope tomorrow I can get it done.

Juan has been very busy nesting these past couple of weeks. He converted his office into a room for Julian. It is small, but very cheerful and I think he appreciates having his own space. He'll be coming back in June for the summer, and then we'll probably be moving into our own place, so this decorating energy is in lieu of the nursery for now. Figlet will just sleep with us in our room the first few months, anyway. Here's the latest stash-busting baby project. Juan got me Chic Knits for Stylish Babies for Christmas, and this was one of the first patterns to catch my eye, though I didn't have a color scheme in mind at first. These yarns were in my stash and were all the same weight- and I really like them together. It is not blocked in this photo, so looks a little wonky, but at least you get an idea of it. The open part on the side is a zipper- in case it's hard to tell from the photo.
Friday we went to the pool, so this week's belly pic is a glaring white me (some of that is the sun coming in from the window, though I think I am actually reflecting off the rays :). Meridith got me this suit, and I love it. It is still covering my belly well and is super comfy. After swimming we celebrated the beautiful spring day (it got into the 70s) by having a cook out and bonfire with some friends by the river. Saturday, we celebrated Earth Day at a couple of venues around town that had activities set up for kids of all ages. Here is Juan and Julian showing off their Latin hip moves ;) Today we spent a rainy afternoon working in the community garden. We bought a plot (16'x16') and are very excited to be a part of this new community project over the summer. But more on that in another post.

5 comments:

Amelia and Stephen said...

what a sweet little room for Julian! I'm sure it felt special when he saw it :-)
You are looking good, girl! Super cute maternity suit--awesome that you are out swimming.

Gaby said...

La habitación te está quedando muy linda! Que nombre tan bonito elegiste para el bebé! :)

Mariss said...

That was so sweet you guys created a new room for Julian :)That's exciting stuff.

You look GREAT!!! Hope the last part of the pregnancy goes smoothly!

Meridith Emilie said...

The bathing suit fits so well. I'm really glad it worked out!!! You look so fabulous!

lanas y tramas said...

Uau, qué poquito falta!!! Estás re-linda!!!