About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Monday, July 07, 2008

Creature comforts

Many conversations on the trip centered around things we missed from home, especially in the food realm. I have to say that I ate amazingly well the whole time, much better than expected, so I didn't really have any one thing that I was dying to eat once back in the States. I did miss preparing my own food in my own kitchen, but that will have to wait another month or so yet. I did prepare dinner for everyone the other night, and fell back on an old standby, pesto pasta with grilled chicken. Always yummy.

The past few days have been filled with getting outside as much as possible. We took Mobi for a walk along a local trail here in Scarborough that goes through woods, a golf course, and the salt-water marsh.We have also been spending time with the Sponsellers. Being a gorgeous sunny day, we hit the beach first. Even though in typical Maine fashion it was foggy on the water, we all had a great time.Amy and GrahamThe boys

Dinner was at the lovely home that Amy and Steve have worked really hard to get this beautiful. The brick walkway is the latest addition that Steve has been completing, and a nice compliment to Amy's gorgeous flowers.The food was delish And the company even better
Thanks guys, we all had fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gaby said...

Qué alegría volver a tu hogar y a la normalidad, no? Es cierto, cuánto se extraña la comida casera cuando uno está de viaje!

Amelia and Stephen said...

We had so much fun having you guys over! Steve and I were laughing this morning about Julian's "Hey, can I have a beer for my friend?" remark.