About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

We Interrupt the Canoeing Saga to Bring You a Knitting Update

The last and final installment of the canoeing saga will be posted tomorrow. I never realized how long it takes to tell a story in writing! For those who have read installment #2, here are some knitting pics:

I finished the other yoga sock and got some better pictures


I have yet to wear them to class yet, but I think this Sunday will be the day.

I made the Calorimetry pattern from Knitty.com for wearing on dog walks and cruising around with the Vino. I think I made it in an afternoon. Very cool pattern w/ short rows and a great left-over yarn project. The button goes underneath, and the idea is that your head is warmer than with a regular ear band, but you can wear your hair up without smooshing your style.



I am making a Clapotis for my friend Rosine because she has done a lot for me in the past year, and I wanted to say thank you. Since she is a knitter, I know she will appreciate a knitted gift. I'm not sure how I feel about the colorway. I'm hoping she will like it, which is all that counts, but I don't like giving a gift I don't LOVE myself. The yarn texture is wonderful, though. It's alpaca and tencel- soooo soft and smooth. Like buttah. Just wish the colors were as yummy.

2 comments:

lanas y tramas said...

Vanesa!!! Me encantan tus yoga-socks!!! De dónde es el patrón???

Hannah said...

I know I'm late commenting on this, but I think the colorway will look beautiful when knit in the pattern! Can't wait to see it.