About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Weekend Update

I posted some pictures on my travel blog from our night in the Wisconsin Dells last weekend (See link to said blog on the right).

I bought my plane ticket to Spain over winter break, and I get to stop in Amsterdam for the day on my way over. It is one of my favorite cities, so I am very excited about that.

We had Nancy and Jeff over for a Spanish tapas dinner on Saturday and I finally got to do some real cooking, though Juan did half of it. The table was gorgeous, but we forgot to take a picture, so you'll just have to imagine it all: marinated olives, chorizo, jamon serrano, various cheeses, membrillo (quince paste), empanadas, bread with tomatoes (a Catalan specialty), tortilla de patatas (Spanish omelet), salad, garlic mushrooms, Terra chips (because we love them and would use any excuse to have them), stuffed eggs, patatas bravas, and roasted peppers. For dessert we had flan, of course, and washed it all down with some yummy wines. We then all danced it off at a ballroom dance event. It was our first one, and we were surprised at the variety of ages there- from high school to octogenarian. We learned tango and rumba and danced until my feet hurt too much.

Besides dancing, I also took Mobi for a two-hour walk and attended my Sunday yoga class, finally breaking completely the cycle of sedentary laziness and yucky food I've been plagued with for the past couple of weeks. Good thing Thanksgiving is coming up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The access to blogspot.com is on and off in China, so there's some time i can't come over here:(

Say hello to your family and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

hugs,
Wenlei