About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Turkey Day in Kalamazoo


Juan, Mobi, and I drove to Kalamazoo, MI for Thanksgiving where many family members joined my aunt and uncle for the holiday. My parents and sister's trip actually did include planes, trains, and automobiles, but without any annoying pick-ups along the way. Lovely Ms. Jai came to have lunch with me on Wednesday, and it was great to see her. Here we are in front of the new Kalamazoo College library. Our Alma Mater finally renovated the library, only six years too late. I spent my requisite 10-hours a week work study job as a reference librarian at that library, but that's about it. I much preferred the 24-hour cafe down the street from campus for my study environment. But this building is gorgeous. I would have probably studied much more in the library if it had looked like this. Check out the reading room:

Leather sofas, velvet seats, little green reading lamps and two fireplaces! I'm a sucker for little green reading lamps- once I discovered the reading room at the Boston Public Library, I was in there every chance I had- mostly because of the lamps and the great cafe downstairs. (Are you sensing a theme yet? A+ studying for me always involves comfy surroundings and hot drinks :)

The long car ride afforded me some great knitting time, but I'm going to save that for another blog entry which will probably happen tonight or tomorrow. For now, I'm off to class *sigh* (just this week and next and then we're into finals!!). Hope everyone had a great holiday break, with lots of good food and company.

3 comments:

Doris said...

I just love libraries. I think the new one is just spiffy!

PRB said...

i too am a sucker for a green lamp.

Anonymous said...

Nice work, K-zoo! But don't forget the comfy old couches in the old library--where I would nap to the delight of admissions office tour groups!
I'm pretty impressed by that reading room.
Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!
Am