About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Last Days of Summer

As the wind has officially blown in fall and finally brought in cooler temps, I am glad we enjoyed the last days of summer to the fullest. Every Saturday for the past month or so, we have been going to the farmers' market and then having coffee and something sweet at my favorite place in town, the Blue Heron. Elías usually falls asleep in the carrier as we walk around the market, and therefore actually gives me some reading time at the cafe.
We have been walking almost everyday. He often gets a walk with his dad in the morning and another with me in the afternoon/evening. Mobi comes, too, of course.The garden has given us a bounty of veggies and herbs, so the weekends are also about making tomato sauces and pesto and cookies (not from the garden, but necessary to get through the week :) We had a potluck yesterday to mingle with the other community gardeners and sample treats. I brought strawberry rhubarb cobbler from my backyard. Yup, the whole thing was just growing there ;)These pictures remind me that I'm getting a sorely-needed haircut tomorrow.

4 comments:

Amelia and Stephen said...

waaaaaaaaaahhhh, who is this gi-normous boy?!?!?!?!?!??! better get him out here quick! you look great, by the way :-) xoxoxoxo

Gaby said...

Elías está precioso y enorme, Vanessa!!!
Te felicito!!! Además, se ve que es un bebé feliz :)

te mando un abrazo

Unknown said...

He is so cute! My goodness!

dmarks said...

Great pictures! Happy little boy.

Are the bluffs turning yet?