About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Baby Fun Weekend!!

Two weeks ago, week 36, was very exciting in the baby department. Friday we headed up to the cities to take Julian to the airport early Saturday morning and after a day (mostly) window shopping at Ikea and the Mall of America, we had dinner with our friends Silvia and Thamizh in Uptown. Silvia is due any day now, so we are anxiously awaiting the big news. It's funny how much the photo perspective changes the appearance of a belly bump, so I have to include three pictures to really show the big picture.


Sunday my very generous friends threw me a baby shower. Several people later commented to me what a great shower it was, so I think it's safe to say that we all had fun.



We got lots of books, as well as clothes, toys, blankets and other necessities. It was a wonderful variety of gifts that really have us ready for his arrival.

Another great thing about the shower was getting us into "baby mode." Classes had just ended and we needed to start thinking about what we had left to get and do. I think we have the perfect amount of things for figlet- just enough, and not too many of anything. There are a couple of things we are still waiting for by mail that are due to arrive by his EDD, but if he comes first, we'll be ok without them.

Today is my 38 week appointment, so I will probably be posting my progress (if any) on the baby blog for those who are interested.

2 comments:

Aunt Alane said...

WOW! Almost time -- can't believe it!

Amelia and Stephen said...

glad the shower was fun--wish I could've been there. I mailed out a package today with some goodies for the little fella. HOpe it arrives before he does :-)
so how did the 38 week appt go?