About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Back in Cusco

We all made it back from the 5-day trek to Machu Picchu. It was especially hard for a few people who were suffering from major stomach issues, but everyone made it through. (Even if they had to ride a mule at times). Thankfully, I´ve been feeling well and though it was a challenging few days, I´m glad I did it. The biggest surprise is after climbing the mountain to get to Machu Picchu and finding a huge line of people who had riden the bus up to the top, who come up to me but Christy Ortega, my friend and former co-worker from Cadiz two summers ago! It was crazy because I haven´t had internet, so I didn´t get her blog message that she was around, so it was a total shock for me, but it was great to see her and meet her guy, Elliot.

Machu Picchu was amazing, and the journey to get there made us appreciate it all the more. We arrived at the top in time to see the sun come up over the mountains. I´m still taking it all in, so I´ll leave it at that for the moment.

We´re back in Cusco for the day. We´ll be taking an overnight bus to Ica this evening and will be in Ica for a couple of days, where it should be warmer (and maybe have a hot shower? I haven´t had a decent one since Argentina). I don´t know if I´ll have internet there, but on the 19th we head to Lima, Peru, the last stop of the trip. I´m still having a great time, but I will also be happy to head back and see my husband on our anniversary. So, my next writing place will probably be in Lima. Have a great week until then!

1 comment:

Amelia and Stephen said...

Congratulations on finishing the hike without catching the tummy bug! Safe travels home and please let me know when you'll be in Maine...can't wait to see you.
love, Am