About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Program is Over

And so ends probably the most stressful month of my life. I am on vacation!!! It is a lot of work to be responsible for 35 teenagers, even when they are as good and wonderful as our group was this year. Because even when nothing goes wrong, you are always anticipating the worst case senario. Or at least, I am.

At the moment I am in Madrid in a barely air-conditioned internet place in the basement of a vegeterian cafeteria. These are a new addition to the city, along with Starbucks, neither of which could be found anywhere when I was living here back in 2000-2001. Nice to see Spain is progressing. (I mean the vegeterian part, not Starbucks.) I had hoped to post some final Cadiz pictures, but the computer is not cooperating, and the little timer keeps ticking down.

I celebrated my freedom by going to some Arabic baths near my hostal and then going to a really cool exhibit at the Centro de Bellas Artes about emigration and immigration in Spain. See info here.

Ok, time's up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for being on vacation! I can't wait to hear about your adventures in Madrid! I'm putting together your third SP package now, but I think I'll wait until you guys are back in the US to mail it, OK? It might get to you a little bit after the August deadline, but I won't forget...

And you are so lucky to have 2 weddings to the same guy!

SP8

Anonymous said...

Hey! We made it back fine! We missed you the whole way home. Have a great time with youf fam!

lomester said...

Finally! VACATION!

Have fun... I think your trips have influenced me and I have convinced my boyfriend to take a trip with me to Spain next year.

Anonymous said...

Have a great second wedding, Vanessa!! I'll be thinking of you and Juan:)

lanas y tramas said...

Hola Vanessa!!!
Sos vos la que yo creo que sos??? Si te descubrí, mandáme una señal. Leí tu comentario del otro día pero no te respondí, al igual que vos estuve muy ocupada. Bueno, disfrutá de tus vacaciones!!!
Con cariño, Alejandra desde Buenos Aires.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »