About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

I got a new cookbook!!!


I do not remember the last time I bought a new cookbook. For the past year I have been taking books out of the library, but I finally decided to just go for it and start expanding my collection. I originally planned to get the Barefoot Contessa, as I love love love her recipes, and use many of them on a weekly basis (or so), such as her granola, salad dressing, hummus and iced tea, to name a few. BUT, since I have already made copies of most of the recipes I like or would be more likely to make from all four of her books, I decided to get something different.
I picked Giada's book because I have been quite adverse to cooking Italian food since I associate it with my college days that were too often filled with spaghetti and tomato sauce in a jar. This book has really easy to make recipes of fresh, tasty dishes that are nothing like the boring, uninspired meals I usually associate with Italian food made at home. I'm thinking of starting off with spaghetti and turkey meatballs, actually, (with homemade marinera sauce) just to exorcise the old aversion to basic Italian. But first, I have salmon in the fridge waiting to be cooked for dinner tomorrow (a Contessa recipe)-I'll elaborate more tomorrow.

No comments: